PDA

View Full Version : other bike clubs

gmax
14-12-2009, 11:16 AM
is there any other bike groups that people know about round here ? ?

Scooby5566
14-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Hells Angels

Essex-Tacy
14-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Hells Angels

LOL man could you imagine that, all these big shiny choppers pull up with over weight blokes tattooed to the high heaves, and inbetween them all is this lil SR125, would be brilliant,

on an serious note, there is the 127MCC club!

Dal
14-12-2009, 02:51 PM
www.127mcc.co.uk (http://www.127mcc.co.uk)

This differs slightly from the Essexbikers in as much as it's a Club with a forum. We have only been up and running since August 2009 so it's still in it's infancy. There are a lot of members that belong to both EB and the 127mcc which is fine and Dan (the owner of EB) is aware of this. I don't think it's any secret that some of the senior members and even staff of EB are the co founders of 127mcc. But like I said it's a club first and foremost this year so far we have raised money for a local children's hospice by playing a football match with an opposing motorcycle group (many of you would have seen this in the local press), we arranged a group tour to the NEC bike show 14 of us in total and last Saturday we had our Christmas Dinner.

We are a diverse lot with different interests and different bikes from Sports bikes to Harley's and everything in between.

gmax
14-12-2009, 02:56 PM
www.127mcc.co.uk (http://www.127mcc.co.uk)

This differs slightly from the Essexbikers in as much as it's a Club with a forum. We have only been up and running since August 2009 so it's still in it's infancy. There are a lot of members that belong to both EB and the 127mcc which is fine and Dan (the owner of EB) is aware of this. I don't think it's any secret that some of the senior members and even staff of EB are the co founders of 127mcc. But like I said it's a club first and foremost this year so far we have raised money for a local children's hospice by playing a football match with an opposing motorcycle group (many of you would have seen this in the local press), we arranged a group tour to the NEC bike show 14 of us in total and last Saturday we had our Christmas Dinner.

We are a diverse lot with different interests and different bikes from Sports bikes to Harley's and everything in between.

already a member :D

BOXER
14-12-2009, 03:08 PM

what, a fully fledged payed up member? and have you got the scars to prove it?

SRADmatt1!
14-12-2009, 03:52 PM

:laugh1 well, thats obviously thats not captivating enough then :grin2 far more memebers on EB anyway mate :rockon tbh its the wrong time of year for club stuff and get togethers :reading

MICKTLS
14-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Matt why o why are you so negative and detrimental on every other persons posts ? the reason for EB having more members than 127MCC is quite simple
firstly EB has been going longer
secondly you have to be a fully PAID up member of the club to access the site

please dont comment on things and people you dont know and havent even met remember this is an open forum for all to see and they dont even have to register to read thank you in advance

CLARKY
14-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Matt... stop being a donkey... more smilies and new lines...

Mick... don't take the bait

Gmax.... is the bike sorted now? And what area where you looking for? There is a pub on the sea front between southend and Shoebury where a few bikes do meet up and I believe they have a bit of a club essence about them. But are you looking for something a bit closer to home?

There is the Urban Chaos group... but I'm starting to hear a few bad things from various people in the area.

EDIT

Please check the link below to see a later on post regarding this comment

http://www.essexbikers.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=277134&postcount=35

Are you actually looking for an organised club or something like EB which isn't a club but a "social" bikers meet up point....

I generally feel a bit iffy with joining a club... because I would feel bad for non attendance and there's just that extra bit of responsibility with it.... Just like how I don't join the gym... If I'm a member then I feel obliged to go...

Only CLUB im a member of is the Snowboard UK club and thats for the social side and also the HUGE amount of discounts that you get with the card :)

MICKTLS
14-12-2009, 10:30 PM
im not taking the bait , be carefull what your saying remember your on an open public forum viewable to all , i know most of the clubs in the area please take heed in what you say ok mate

BOXER
14-12-2009, 10:38 PM
its a very good up and coming club.

best ride outs that go all over the place and not just finchingfield burnham and high beach. its not for everyone i agree, but if you aint tried it dont knock it. also what Dal said.

CLARKY
14-12-2009, 10:42 PM
im not taking the bait , be carefull what your saying remember your on an open public forum viewable to all , i know most of the clubs in the area please take heed in what you say ok mate

Yeah I know I am on an open forum... But I look at it this way...

If you are going to ask peoples advice on the quality of a helmet... you tell them the helmets that are of good quality and if you have heard some bad things about a certain brand of helmet then you would mention it.

I would do the same when it comes to clubs. If I had HEARD some bad things about a club I would rather mention them and be proved wrong then not mention them and regret it later. Obviously clubs are only as good as their members and sometimes the actions of a single member can bring an entire clubs reputation down.

But it is an open forum and I will say that I have HEARD some bad stories.... But i don't have any hard evidence to back any of that up....

I will say things like this because I believe at times it has the interest of the people I know at heart.

But personally for me.... "clubs" don't generally sit well with me.... because I have so much going on and can't really give back what a club requires. Much like how I play the drums... but wouldn't join a band because of the added commitment I would have to take along with it.... (Then again... who would actually want me in their pub!??!) haha

CLARKY
14-12-2009, 10:44 PM
its a very good up and coming club

Are you talking about urban chaos or 127Mcc? Can't tell if you are directing this at me or at Matt...

MICKTLS
14-12-2009, 10:46 PM
i think boxer means the 127MCC and its aimed at everyone

CLARKY
14-12-2009, 10:49 PM
i think boxer means the 127MCC and its aimed at everyone

To be honest from what I've seen of you guys and heard... yeah you are a good club.... and I believe everything is quite open information wise aswell so people know whats going on... not to mention a free cuppa tea :D

I think everyone who's a member of the 127 enjoys themselves.

BOXER
14-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Are you talking about urban chaos or 127Mcc? Can't tell if you are directing this at me or at Matt...

urban who?????? :grin2

was`nt directed at anyone........................fook it, yes it was. Oi Matt, you and me tescos garage saturday :angrypun highnoon. if im not there start without me and i`ll catch up.

thewizard
14-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Hells Angels
You joke! there is an essex chapter of hells angels there clubhouse was next too my old yard on the outskirts of chelmo!! lol

http://www.hellsangelsessex.co.uk/

Gazza1201
15-12-2009, 01:16 AM
There is the Urban Chaos group... but I'm starting to hear a few bad things from various people in the area.

But it is an open forum and I will say that I have HEARD some bad stories.... But i don't have any hard evidence to back any of that up....

PM'd you about this!

Gazza1201
15-12-2009, 01:23 AM
In reply to your post anyway Clarky:

I can understand where you coming from with the old "If you are going to ask peoples advice on the quality of a helmet... you tell them the helmets that are of good quality and if you have heard some bad things about a certain brand of helmet then you would mention it"

But the problem is, comparing a helmet to a human being is a bit different.

When its involving a person/a group of people I think everyone has a right to make an impression for them selves, im sure theres a member or 2 on this forum who are not liked by certain people, but its not fair for me to say to another member, oh hes a twat because Fred told me.

But still just my opinion, im sure people will disagree which they have every right too :).

Gary

Errortype21
15-12-2009, 01:57 AM
care to explain yourself clarky?
yes i am a member of urban chaos as you probably know.
i would like to know what youve heard so i can explain where this might have come from. i dont see how the club can be judged with a few bad rumours

Scooby5566
15-12-2009, 02:09 AM
care to explain yourself clarky?
yes i am a member of urban chaos as you probably know.
i would like to know what youve heard so i can explain where this might have come from. i dont see how the club can be judged with a few bad rumours

i was looking into the club and they say to be accepted u need to go to loads of events in first month lol thats pritty bad if some1 does shift work like i do lol
i thort they would be more social like if u can come - come if u carnt cos of work or family then we will see u at next 1. its ment to be a club not a gang afterall

Errortype21
15-12-2009, 03:11 AM
i was looking into the club and they say to be accepted u need to go to loads of events in first month lol thats pritty bad if some1 does shift work like i do lol
i thort they would be more social like if u can come - come if u carnt cos of work or family then we will see u at next 1. its ment to be a club not a gang afterall
see thats slightly wrong, we say to become a full member you should come out with us/ to weekly meets about 3 times in a couple of months, thats plenty of time even if you meet up with just a few of the members, most of the members do shift work and cant always come so we would never expect someone who wanted to join to always be able to come out and generally if you get on with everyone you can become a member regardless. we only say that because we dont want people who ride like complete bellends to be able to say they are a member thus giving us a bad reputation.

SRADmatt1!
15-12-2009, 06:17 AM
:laugh1 well, thats obviously thats not captivating enough then :grin2 far more memebers on EB anyway mate :rockon tbh its the wrong time of year for club stuff and get togethers :reading

what the fook is wrong with peeps on here last night(today) :reading so for those of you that dont understand, I will take the time to explain it but only once ok, so pay attention :grin2 1/ not captivating enough- means he needs a bit more from a club. 2/ far more members on EB anway- means that if anything EB should come across as more active. 3/ wrong time of year for club stuff and get togethers- means what it says :reading

Now, I dont give a toss what any one else reads into that Mick. It was my reply to question and as you have typed your reply Mick, someone has been taking the p*ss, and winding folks up in the for sale section. So could you pop in there and see what you make of that for me? Ta

Essex-Tacy
15-12-2009, 06:43 AM
And the peace and harmony which spread over EB for the past few months now waivers GOOD TIMES!!!

CLARKY
15-12-2009, 07:41 AM
But the problem is, comparing a helmet to a human being is a bit different.

When its involving a person/a group of people I think everyone has a right to make an impression for them selves, im sure theres a member or 2 on this forum who are not liked by certain people, but its not fair for me to say to another member, oh hes a twat because Fred told me.

Well yeah... he does have the right to look into it for himself. He has the right to join... he has the right to listen to what I say and he also has the right to completely disregard it.

I really don't mind if someone turns round to me and tells me that what I have heard is wrong. I've Pm'd Gary and he's been a member for a long time it seems and if he tells me that its wrong then I'll trust him and take it back. But I will ALWAYS post something that I think people are entitled to hear.

If I was going to join a club and if any of you had heard a few snippets then I would expect you to say something to me. Gmax is a big boy he can decide what to do with this information. I haven't smeared UC in any way and I haven't FORCED my opinion onto anyone. Like I said I REALLY don't mind if Gary tells me that I'm wrong... and I'd leave it at that.

see thats slightly wrong, we say to become a full member you should come out with us/ to weekly meets about 3 times in a couple of months

I see that as a good thing what you are doing there... I did approach the club because I wanted to ride with a few more people (Just to get to know people in area who hadn't joined EB) and I was told that to become a member I would have to attend 3 rides in 3 months.

It shows that you are assessing your members like a form of initiation into the club which is fine. BUT for ME... PERSONALLY ... that put me off because of the whole commitment thing... I really didn't have the time to commit myself to the group and I just wanted to ride around willy nilly... So I kinda gave up on the idea of a "CLUB" in general. Doesn't mean a club doesn't suit anyone else though.

Dal
15-12-2009, 09:08 AM
what the fook is wrong with peeps on here last night(today) :reading so for those of you that dont understand, I will take the time to explain it but only once ok, so pay attention :grin2 1/ not captivating enough- means he needs a bit more from a club. 2/ far more members on EB anyway- means that if anything EB should come across as more active. 3/ wrong time of year for club stuff and get togethers- means what it says :reading

Now, I dont give a toss what any one else reads into that Mick. It was my reply to question and as you have typed your reply Mick, someone has been taking the p*ss, and winding folks up in the for sale section. So could you pop in there and see what you make of that for me? Ta

1) If he needs a bit more from the club maybe he should turn up occasionally I've never seen him there :grin2 the club was set up for there to be lots of interaction and not just from the bike owners but also their partners. (If they have one) :grin1 It's a family club!:love3

2) The fact that EB has more members is more to do with the fact it's easy to join and become a part of, but how many members have you or any of us actually met? The other consideration is the 127mcc has only been running since August (as previously mentioned). The only way you can join 127mcc is to go down to the diner on a Sunday morning and hand over your money, therefore you can help but meet people.

3) As for the wrong time of year, yes to a point it is. But there are at least a few members that meet regularly regardless of weather conditions on a Sunday morning. (some of us even go on our bikes :laugh1)

Matt don't take the above as a dig, unlike a lot of people on here I have met you and know you are a good bloke, a **** taker yes :grin2 but also a kind hearted soul. The way you stuck with me on my first venture out to the Green lanes of Essex will not be forgotten.

And this is part of the problem of EB vs other clubs because it's mainly an internet group few people take the time to go out and meet people. Here's a couple of typical examples

1) Trackdays, there are / were a group of us who did regular trackdays together and although there were different age groups and abilities we all got on. But, we never really knew each other, here's an example, we did Snetterton a year or two ago and the owner of this very site sat in his van with his mate until it was there turn out on track and then it was back to the van. Why? Well he didn't really know anyone and for people who are not so out going that can be a difficult hurdle to get over. (Matt doesn't have this problem :grin2)

2) The green laning we do has opened the doors to a new non willy measuring activity, no one is out there saying I'm faster than you, I can do bigger wheelies than you (other than Jools, but his probably right :grin2) it's just a group of lads having a laugh. But the point is I'm sure there are loads of other people wanting to join in but are reluctant to step into the arena due to not knowing anyone.

Well that is without doubt the longest reply / post I have ever made on here so, I'm off for a lay down :grin2

Dal
15-12-2009, 09:12 AM
BUT for ME... PERSONALLY ... that put me off because of the whole commitment thing... I really didn't have the time to commit myself to the group and I just wanted to ride around willy nilly... So I kinda gave up on the idea of a "CLUB" in general. Doesn't mean a club doesn't suit anyone else though.

But that is the point Clarky, Clubs are commitments. You get out what you put in. As for a lot of clubs they use this method to weed out those they do not want as members of their club, I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong either it's what happens :grin2

CLARKY
15-12-2009, 09:36 AM
But that is the point Clarky, Clubs are commitments. You get out what you put in. As for a lot of clubs they use this method to weed out those they do not want as members of their club, I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong either it's what happens :grin2

Yeah I know what you mean....

P.s

I want to try green laning!!!

Dal
15-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I want to try green laning!!!

Then get yourself a machine to do the job and keep an eye on the thread.

(for anyone reading this, do not just turn up to a meet as there could be to many and we would end up having to break it up into seperate groups, which is not a problem but we would need to know in advance how many were going to turn up) :reading

MICKTLS
15-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Well Matt as good a bloke as some say you are you certainly dont portray yourself with comments like this quote from your reply " Now, I dont give a toss what any one else reads into that Mick. It was my reply to question and as you have typed your reply Mick, " sorry to be this way about things Matt but i think you do post in subjects just to get a reaction just like im told you did on gixxerjunkies

Gazza1201
15-12-2009, 01:35 PM
To scooby and Clarky

As Errortype21 said, we like to meet the new people first to make sure there alright and not going to give the club a bad name.

In regards to the "going to all the meetings"

You are more then welcome to come and ride with us, and not want to join the club as a member... like a few people already do with UC.

But if you want to become a fully fledged member, which will mean you will be trusted into our homes, invited to all the events we do over the year, we want to meet the person more then once down the seafront to make sure that they are OK.

Hence us asking, either if you can make a meeting (a few in 3 months) OR If like me you cant make the Wednesday meet then if you can meet a couple of the members for a couple of rideouts during the 3 months.

As Dal already said, I think the difference between a forum and a bike club is commitment, and like he said, the more you put in the more you get out. In the long run we don't want any twats making a bad name for us :)

Much Love
Gary x

MICKTLS
15-12-2009, 01:38 PM
+ 1 on the above post but in addition Clarky you have made a commitment by becoming a Moderator on this site lol :grin1 just teasing lol

Scooby5566
15-12-2009, 02:03 PM
To scooby and Clarky
In the long run we don't want any twats making a bad name for us :)

Much Love
Gary x

well that meens i carnt join :laugh1 on serius note im concentraing on getting that bit of platic and paper so that i can get on my gpz900r, already got my down payment on it and already got my bike on ebay lol

CLARKY
15-12-2009, 02:54 PM
+ 1 on the above post but in addition Clarky you have made a commitment by becoming a Moderator on this site lol :grin1 just teasing lol

Silence you!!!!!

:P

u know what I mean... Havin to venture out the house...

And gazza I aggree with the 3 attendances thing... Never disagreed with it.

CLARKY
15-12-2009, 03:00 PM
And on another note I just checked my pm's and I'm informed that the situation I heard about (Urban chaos) was promptly addressed by the club and sorted out.

Which is good because it shows that the club aren't afraid to take action on problems.

So I stand corrected

Essex-Tacy
15-12-2009, 03:17 PM
So after 90% bullsh!t, does that answer your question at all Gmax lol:jumping2

Gazza1201
15-12-2009, 03:31 PM
haha :)

Scooby5566
15-12-2009, 04:36 PM

remember if u want anwser dont ask EB lol

funsize
15-12-2009, 05:01 PM
[quote=Errortype21;277068]we only say that because we dont want people who ride like complete bellends to be able to say they are a member .............

Damn! Knew there was a reason I couldn't join!

Seriously though - IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS FORUM THAT DOESN'T BECOME A SLANGING MATCH????

You don't have to join a club or a forum to be a biker - you just ride a bike. If you turn up anywhere (Wally's, Hawich Run, The Oakdene etc) MOST bikers will acknowledge and talk to you - even if you are just a mere girl. Only arrogant, self imporant, badly dragged up twats with no manners wouldn't.

Dal
15-12-2009, 05:51 PM
IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS FORUM THAT DOESN'T BECOME A SLANGING MATCH????

There are other Clubs / forums that don't! :grin1 (see above for details :grin2 )

Sheriff
15-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Well Matt as good a bloke as some say you are you certainly dont portray yourself with comments like this quote from your reply " Now, I dont give a toss what any one else reads into that Mick. It was my reply to question and as you have typed your reply Mick, " sorry to be this way about things Matt but i think you do post in subjects just to get a reaction just like im told you did on gixxerjunkies

Now I have met both you and Matt and I can't say anything bad about either of you. On the lanes I can't think of anyone better to watch my back - perhaps you two should have a beer together.

Errortype21
16-12-2009, 12:19 AM
[quote=Errortype21;277068]we only say that because we dont want people who ride like complete bellends to be able to say they are a member .............

Damn! Knew there was a reason I couldn't join!

Seriously though - IS THERE A THREAD ON THIS FORUM THAT DOESN'T BECOME A SLANGING MATCH????

i dont see how this has become a slagging match, what i said there wasnt aimed at anyone it was just in general.
im sure none of us want to be asociated with some of the chavvy twats you get that go out and buy the first r1 they see. ( not saying theres anything wrong with r1's either but thats just generally the chav dream bike)

Belco100
21-12-2009, 04:55 PM
As well as Urban Chaos and the A127MCC there are several other active Clubs in the Area:

My Club is The Silver Knights BC. We have been around for 28 years now: http://www.silverknightsbc.co.uk (http://www.silverknightsbc.co.uk/)

There is also The Free Spirit Riders MCC, Kautari MCC, Crouch Valley MCC, The Cobras MC and the National Chopper Club all in the South East Essex area. Most of these guys actually look forward to their Club Meetings so that they can talk about bikes etc face to face.

It is a shame that most Bikers today are not really into Bike Clubs. There is a whole world of excitement out there that is being missed out on. There are some good Biker rallies and parties that go on in Essex and it is the same old faces that go to them – and I do mean old. It seems that young (under 30) riders miss out on all this and are only interested in riding down to Burnham and back on a Sunday. I have even spoken to some “Bikers” that don’t even know what the BMF and MAG are.

That’s not slagging anyone, it’s just an observation. I guess times they are a changing….

bayonet
21-12-2009, 05:12 PM
There is also The Free Spirit Riders MCC, Kautari MCC, Crouch Valley MCC, The Cobras MC and the National Chopper Club all in the South East Essex area. Most of these guys actually look forward to their Club Meetings so that they can talk about bikes etc face to face.

Don't forget the F.U.B.s.

messie
21-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Lol at all the old bike clubs.

I was clearing out my loft the other day and found my 'colours' for the Diamond Backs MCC.

Anyone on here remember them? Based first around The Dog in Weathersfield, then The Vine in Great Bardfield. Was far too many years ago though....

Wessa
21-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone for Popcorn.... :clap :grin2

gmax
22-12-2009, 10:31 AM
[quote=funsize;277147]

i dont see how this has become a slagging match, what i said there wasnt aimed at anyone it was just in general.
im sure none of us want to be asociated with some of the chavvy twats you get that go out and buy the first r1 they see. ( not saying theres anything wrong with r1's either but thats just generally the chav dream bike)

lol does that make me a chav then ?

Loz
22-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Surely the demise of clubs is down to the internet, I mean in the old days to meet like minded people with the same interest you had to get off your arse and go meet them, whereas nowadays the click of a mouse puts you in touch with loads of other people with the same interest from the comfort of your own home..

funsize
22-12-2009, 06:42 PM
:laugh1 Some of us go to rallies, have a laugh, see the world and manage to get further afield than 10 miles from home - see you around next year :laugh1 But each to their own - some people would rather just stick to their keyboards and some have other commitments that keep them from coming out to play - if you have young kids it's not always easy or fair to spend the weekend out and about. But, there is no much better in life than a nice ride out with your mates, chatting about bikes and rides you've done - fact! (Except maybe Green & Black's chocolate) :laugh1

B.O.B
22-12-2009, 07:43 PM
we are ex cobra essex members.(was a while back) still friends with the prez. get some rather saucy emails from him. have also been estury members. they where a nice bunch. still friends with some of their members. do enjoy going to rallys. but dont do sleeping in the tents so good now.
went toa HA yard party. that was quite an eye opener. was making a discreet exit. and out steps *hag* he puts his hand in his jacket. big gulp from me. and he pulls out a bag of jelly beans and offers us 1. lol everytime i eat 1 now i think of him.
i like the going out in convoy it gives me a huge buzz. u get respect from the car drivers (most of the time) re=cycled teenager lol
but dont like the politics that went with it. thats why we ride solo now. other than meeting up wit some of u guys for some ace cafe runs.

Belco100
23-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Don't forget the F.U.B.s.

And, of course, the F.U.B.s – Party Animals, they are drinking machines! I also forgot to mention the Worlds End MCC and the Sevens.

Lol at all the old bike clubs. I was clearing out my loft the other day and found my 'colours' for the Diamond Backs MCC. Anyone on here remember them?

I went to a couple of their rallies many years ago; I think they were called “Muddy Cow”? How about The Mob in the Corner MCC, The Black Hawks BC, The Blackfriars BC, Hockley MCC (The Smugglers), … any others? I think The East Essex MCC and the Mayflower MCC who used to hold big rallies are still going in some form?

we are ex cobra essex members.(was a while back) still friends with the prez. get some rather saucy emails from him. have also been estury members. they where a nice bunch. still friends with some of their members. do enjoy going to rallys. but dont do sleeping in the tents so good now.

And the Cobra parties are a bit “saucy” as well, especially the bar ladies! I used to know most of the Estuary MCC very well in the mid and late 80’s but lost touch after Pete Elms past away.

I have to agree that cold winter Rallies spent in tent’s don’t have the same appeal now day’s. But as long as you keep riding ……

bayonet
23-12-2009, 11:07 AM
And, of course, the F.U.B.s – Party Animals, they are drinking machines! I also forgot to mention the Worlds End MCC and the Sevens.

I went to a couple of their rallies many years ago; I think they were called “Muddy Cow”? How about The Mob in the Corner MCC, The Black Hawks BC, The Blackfriars BC, Hockley MCC (The Smugglers), … any others? I think The East Essex MCC and the Mayflower MCC who used to hold big rallies are still going in some form?

And the Cobra parties are a bit “saucy” as well, especially the bar ladies! I used to know most of the Estuary MCC very well in the mid and late 80’s but lost touch after Pete Elms past away.

I have to agree that cold winter Rallies spent in tent’s don’t have the same appeal now day’s. But as long as you keep riding ……I used to be in the Barking and East Ham MCC, gone now, although we won best attendance at a rally last January because so many ex members turned up and signed that club name in the book at rally control.

The Cobras had some sort of meeting in the khazi at the Elephants' xmas party. I was trying to have a wee and they were standing behind me with some bloke giving a leaving speech, put's ya right off I can tell ya.

cardinalgrom
23-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Point well said, if your not going to be an active member, whats the point? Clubs need people to rely on, not those who want the benefits but do no graft for it! Ive been in a coupl of big clubs with easy membership requirments and it just aint the same as a little club where everyone knows each other and they all focus on tasks together, whether its rallies, charities or your mates missus needs you to fix her bike. Your there for your club and your club backs you all the way in whatever you do.

WWB
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Point well said, if your not going to be an active member, whats the point? Clubs need people to rely on, not those who want the benefits but do no graft for it! Ive been in a coupl of big clubs with easy membership requirments and it just aint the same as a little club where everyone knows each other and they all focus on tasks together, whether its rallies, charities or your mates missus needs you to fix her bike. Your there for your club and your club backs you all the way in whatever you do.

Pretty much sums it up. Club life isn't for everyone. joining isn't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.

The club scene is almost a totally different world. If you are not a part of it you will never hear about the partys or get togethers amongst all of the clubs but beleive me they are happening ALL THE TIME. There is a good strong club community in Essex, probably the first and only place in the country where you can have the leading members of several different clubs in the same building without all hell breaking loose, especially baring in mind that at least 5 of those are back patch clubs.

There is rarely a week that goes by that there isnt a party at one of the Essex clubs' clubhouses and they never fail to be an excellent atmosphere and really good night. and as for drinking in a clubhouse....where else can you get a round for £4!!

SRADmatt1!
07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Pretty much sums it up. Club life isn't for everyone. joining isn't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.

The club scene is almost a totally different world. If you are not a part of it you will never hear about the partys or get togethers amongst all of the clubs but beleive me they are happening ALL THE TIME. There is a good strong club community in Essex, probably the first and only place in the country where you can have the leading members of several different clubs in the same building without all hell breaking loose, especially baring in mind that at least 5 of those are back patch clubs.

There is rarely a week that goes by that there isnt a party at one of the Essex clubs' clubhouses and they never fail to be an excellent atmosphere and really good night. and as for drinking in a clubhouse....where else can you get a round for £4!!

He said that in 2009 :reading since then he has probably run off joined the church and renounced beer,bikes and tassels :party2 as he hasn't logged on since then.

Are you MCC? Only I tried your link- but its broke.

WWB
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
He said that in 2009 :reading since then he has probably run off joined the church and renounced beer,bikes and tassels :party2 as he hasn't logged on since then.

I realise this, stumbled on the thread when I was searching the name of one of our friends to find his profile...his name is the same as a local MC that was mentioned so lead me here.....

and yeah, our lazy ass webmaster is updating it at the moment so its all messed up, should be back online by Sunday

stusgsx
07-03-2013, 12:46 PM
I've not been seal clubbing for years

Mongoose
07-03-2013, 01:23 PM
I've not been seal clubbing for years

:clap

WWB
24-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Zombie thread - back from the dead

This has been fixed now BTW (to be honest its been fixed for absolutely ages but I wasn't on the forum much to reply)