Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: other bike clubs

Quote Originally Posted by bayonet View Post

Don't forget the F.U.B.s.
    And, of course, the F.U.B.s – Party Animals, they are drinking machines! I also forgot to mention the Worlds End MCC and the Sevens.

Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post

Lol at all the old bike clubs. I was clearing out my loft the other day and found my 'colours' for the Diamond Backs MCC. Anyone on here remember them?
    I went to a couple of their rallies many years ago; I think they were called “Muddy Cow”? How about The Mob in the Corner MCC, The Black Hawks BC, The Blackfriars BC, Hockley MCC (The Smugglers), … any others? I think The East Essex MCC and the Mayflower MCC who used to hold big rallies are still going in some form?

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B View Post

we are ex cobra essex members.(was a while back) still friends with the prez. get some rather saucy emails from him. have also been estury members. they where a nice bunch. still friends with some of their members. do enjoy going to rallys. but dont do sleeping in the tents so good now.
    And the Cobra parties are a bit “saucy” as well, especially the bar ladies! I used to know most of the Estuary MCC very well in the mid and late 80’s but lost touch after Pete Elms past away.

I have to agree that cold winter Rallies spent in tent’s don’t have the same appeal now day’s. But as long as you keep riding ……

Quote Originally Posted by Belco100 View Post
    And, of course, the F.U.B.s – Party Animals, they are drinking machines! I also forgot to mention the Worlds End MCC and the Sevens.

I went to a couple of their rallies many years ago; I think they were called “Muddy Cow”? How about The Mob in the Corner MCC, The Black Hawks BC, The Blackfriars BC, Hockley MCC (The Smugglers), … any others? I think The East Essex MCC and the Mayflower MCC who used to hold big rallies are still going in some form?

And the Cobra parties are a bit “saucy” as well, especially the bar ladies! I used to know most of the Estuary MCC very well in the mid and late 80’s but lost touch after Pete Elms past away.

I have to agree that cold winter Rallies spent in tent’s don’t have the same appeal now day’s. But as long as you keep riding ……
    I used to be in the Barking and East Ham MCC, gone now, although we won best attendance at a rally last January because so many ex members turned up and signed that club name in the book at rally control.

The Cobras had some sort of meeting in the khazi at the Elephants' xmas party. I was trying to have a wee and they were standing behind me with some bloke giving a leaving speech, put's ya right off I can tell ya.
    Never let a dog with a clean bum lick your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal View Post
    But that is the point Clarky, Clubs are commitments. You get out what you put in. As for a lot of clubs they use this method to weed out those they do not want as members of their club, I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong either it's what happens

Point well said, if your not going to be an active member, whats the point? Clubs need people to rely on, not those who want the benefits but do no graft for it! Ive been in a coupl of big clubs with easy membership requirments and it just aint the same as a little club where everyone knows each other and they all focus on tasks together, whether its rallies, charities or your mates missus needs you to fix her bike. Your there for your club and your club backs you all the way in whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalgrom View Post
    Point well said, if your not going to be an active member, whats the point? Clubs need people to rely on, not those who want the benefits but do no graft for it! Ive been in a coupl of big clubs with easy membership requirments and it just aint the same as a little club where everyone knows each other and they all focus on tasks together, whether its rallies, charities or your mates missus needs you to fix her bike. Your there for your club and your club backs you all the way in whatever you do.
    Pretty much sums it up. Club life isn't for everyone. joining isn't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.

The club scene is almost a totally different world. If you are not a part of it you will never hear about the partys or get togethers amongst all of the clubs but beleive me they are happening ALL THE TIME. There is a good strong club community in Essex, probably the first and only place in the country where you can have the leading members of several different clubs in the same building without all hell breaking loose, especially baring in mind that at least 5 of those are back patch clubs.

There is rarely a week that goes by that there isnt a party at one of the Essex clubs' clubhouses and they never fail to be an excellent atmosphere and really good night. and as for drinking in a clubhouse....where else can you get a round for £4!!
    White Wolf Brotherhood Motorcycle Club

www.whitewolfbrotherhood.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/whitewolfmcc

Quote Originally Posted by WWB View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Club life isn't for everyone. joining isn't easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.

The club scene is almost a totally different world. If you are not a part of it you will never hear about the partys or get togethers amongst all of the clubs but beleive me they are happening ALL THE TIME. There is a good strong club community in Essex, probably the first and only place in the country where you can have the leading members of several different clubs in the same building without all hell breaking loose, especially baring in mind that at least 5 of those are back patch clubs.

There is rarely a week that goes by that there isnt a party at one of the Essex clubs' clubhouses and they never fail to be an excellent atmosphere and really good night. and as for drinking in a clubhouse....where else can you get a round for £4!!
    He said that in 2009 since then he has probably run off joined the church and renounced beer,bikes and tassels as he hasn't logged on since then.

Are you MCC? Only I tried your link- but its broke.

Landscape gardener & motorcycle marvel....
    www.yourvisionlandscapes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by SRADmatt1! View Post
    He said that in 2009 since then he has probably run off joined the church and renounced beer,bikes and tassels as he hasn't logged on since then.

I realise this, stumbled on the thread when I was searching the name of one of our friends to find his profile...his name is the same as a local MC that was mentioned so lead me here.....

and yeah, our lazy ass webmaster is updating it at the moment so its all messed up, should be back online by Sunday
    Last edited by WWB; 07-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

I've not been seal clubbing for years

RIP Bendy & Greg #1 & #3 Georges. Never Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by stusgsx View Post
    I've not been seal clubbing for years

Zombie thread - back from the dead

Quote Originally Posted by SRADmatt1! View Post

This has been fixed now BTW (to be honest its been fixed for absolutely ages but I wasn't on the forum much to reply)