Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove a restrictor blade for 97 gsxr 600

Default How to remove a restrictor blade for 97 gsxr 600

Found a restriction certificate for the gsxr to make it 33bhp. Its dated 2007 so maybe ok now but how can i check...

I've only ridden it a very short distance (just over a mile) and didnt have chance to open it up at all...

The certificate says:

Device = Blade
    Device ID = 04-AD-K26
    Device Details and diamentions =
    Outer diameter = 40mm
    Inner diameter 1 = 13mm
    Inner diameter 2 = 3mm

Any suggestions/ideas for a quick check... says its got a max bhp of 33 and top speed of 94mph... now obviously i can't test the max speed now can I...

thank you!

Soon to be selling helmets, full costumes and movie weapons such as :
    Halo Master Chief and OSDT, Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper, Cyclon, Predator, Space Marine, Gear of War full suit including Carmine!, Ironman etc.

I cant help in the way of getting rid of the restrictors but cant ya just try it and see what happens As for the top speed...Its balls, mine has a "restricted to speed of 101mph"...yeah, along with the other 10+mph on top

Seriously though, hasnt the restriction cert got a company name on? If so have they got a website or number you could ring and find out where it would be located and what it looks like so you can have a look? Or get it on a dyno?

i can take them things out ill have em off and bike back together again within 20 mins....
    Scenery is that green blurry sh*t that whizzes past...........Well it would do, but i have to get buses everywhere because a Magistrate told me too..

Looks like im coming to you then mate.. lol!

Looking at the F1 site the blades are in the intakes... I maybe (and usually am) wrong.

I'll try and get out on it tomorrow and see if it'll got passed the indicated top speed on the cert .... on a very private long road of course!

So if it gets to 120 comfortably then all ok? If it struggles after 90 not going more then 100/110 then restricted?

I seriously hope its not lol!

Halo Master Chief and OSDT, Stormtrooper, Clonetrooper, Cyclon, Predator, Space Marine, Gear of War full suit including Carmine!, Ironman etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DJHicks View Post
    Looks like im coming to you then mate.. lol!

Looking at the F1 site the blades are in the intakes... I maybe (and usually am) wrong.

I'll try and get out on it tomorrow and see if it'll got passed the indicated top speed on the cert .... on a very private long road of course!

So if it gets to 120 comfortably then all ok? If it struggles after 90 not going more then 100/110 then restricted?

I seriously hope its not lol!

Mine is fine up to 90 and then starts to struggle but manages up to around 120mph and thats the lot! And i know mine is definately restricted as i had them put in for insurance and havent had them taken out

Will defo be on the case tomorrow not riding restricted ffs lol!

So if it don't pull like a train all the way round i'll be around lukaz hahahaha

Na i can't be restricted... i found a nice private road ;-) and got to about 140 with plenty to go...

It just has a powerband whereas the zx-6r was power all over...

Seems sluggish and if its being held back around the 3-5k marks but after that tears off!

Quote Originally Posted by DJHicks View Post
    Na i can't be restricted... i found a nice private road ;-) and got to about 140 with plenty to go...

It just has a powerband whereas the zx-6r was power all over...

Seems sluggish and if its being held back around the 3-5k marks but after that tears off!

could just be a vacuum issue. maybe get the carbs balanced, and the valve clearances checked.....or did they do it before you picked it up?
    Scenery is that green blurry sh*t that whizzes past...........Well it would do, but i have to get buses everywhere because a Magistrate told me too..

you are obsessed with valve clearances.

if it's a carbed model, it wont be ecu, if the throttle opens all the way, then it wont be a throttle restricter, its obviously in the engine inlets. you lift the tank up, take the carbs off and there'll be 4 silver washers with holes in. you rip them out and put the carbs back. the engine will get more fuel/air hence full power.

Defo carbs on that mate no pc but poss dyno jeted check air filter also check gearing as that makes a shed load of difference
    Standard gearing is 16 front 46 rear drop 2 on the front and its a beast but with standard its sluggish to about 4000 then it pulls like a train untill 10.000+ when it turns into warp drive and as mitch said it could have the washers under the carbs

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character give him power. (Abe Lincoln)